Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 will not update firmward

RBW30 will not update firmward

I attempted auto update, but got a failed notice several times. I went to mannually update the firmware, and got a file, called "RBW30-V2.1.2.6_1.0.12.chk" however, when attempting the manual upload the website returns the error, this is a *.img format. I have checked and redownloaded, and that is not in the suffix.  please see screenshot and advise how to update these satellites.

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBW30 will not update firmward

What happens if you change .chk to .img in the file name? 

What browser are you using? Try IE11 or FF browser to see if problem still happens. Try a factory reset on the Satellite and resync then use a wired ethernet cable connected to the back of the satellite with a PC and try to manually up date the FW there. 

If nothing works, I would contact NG support. 

@circadianswingwrote:

I attempted auto update, but got a failed notice several times. I went to mannually update the firmware, and got a file, called "RBW30-V2.1.2.6_1.0.12.chk" however, when attempting the manual upload the website returns the error, this is a *.img format. I have checked and redownloaded, and that is not in the suffix.  please see screenshot and advise how to update these satellites.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7