Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RMR40 Orbing

ClairRowland
Follower

RMR40 Orbing

Is it possible to ever get help from Netgear? We purchased an RMR40 Orbi Router and satelitte system wh had the system for 4 months the the router stopped working. We paid extra for priority support. Still unable to see where this kicks in as everytime we called support we went through the general 30 minute wait on a standard help line.

When we eventually got through the support technition confirmed what we had already done several time and concluded the same result that we required a replacement.

We paid an extra £20 to get next day delivery as you would due to no internet connection without the router. We complieted all the nessesary documentation and despite this we still haven't recieved the item nor anyone who follows the case through. Instead we got several different support agents all with conflicting information?

So currently I can say I'd reccommend Netgear as the servce follow up and communication is appauling.

Hopefully these messages get read by Netgear staff and someone will have the curtesy to contact us to resolve this poor service.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

There is not RMR orbi. 

There is newer FW available for the 40 series RBK4:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

@ClairRowland wrote:

Is it possible to ever get help from Netgear? We purchased an RMR40 Orbi Router and satelitte system wh had the system for 4 months the the router stopped working. We paid extra for priority support. Still unable to see where this kicks in as everytime we called support we went through the general 30 minute wait on a standard help line.

When we eventually got through the support technition confirmed what we had already done several time and concluded the same result that we required a replacement.

We paid an extra £20 to get next day delivery as you would due to no internet connection without the router. We complieted all the nessesary documentation and despite this we still haven't recieved the item nor anyone who follows the case through. Instead we got several different support agents all with conflicting information?

So currently I can say I'd reccommend Netgear as the servce follow up and communication is appauling.

Hopefully these messages get read by Netgear staff and someone will have the curtesy to contact us to resolve this poor service.

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ClairRowland

Please send me a private message with the support case number and/or RMA number by clicking on this link.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7