Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk50 blocking firmware update

Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

Rbk50 blocking firmware update

Hi guys. Wondering if anyone can help. My system frequently reboots on the latest firmware. I went through and did the telnet steps to block the auto update. I downgraded the firmware and all was well for about a week. Today it dropped connection again and yup, it auto updated the firmware to the latest. I don’t understand. In the the tutorial to block this, there is confirmation steps to check the values of lines which I did and all was well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: Rbk50 blocking firmware update

What type of wired devices do you have connected to Orbi?

Try disconnecting all your wired devices and see if the reboots will stop.

If that helps then start adding the devices one by one.

Message 2 of 6
Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

My desktop computer, wink smArt home hub and philips hue hub. I’ll give it a shot
Message 3 of 6
randomousity
Luminary

I'm aware of the tutorial, but I haven't done it. Just to confirm, did you follow the steps and then commit the changes?

Message 4 of 6
Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

Yes. I followed the tutorial line for line. I read somewhere that maybe because my firmware was originally on the new one it had the image already and updated itself to it?
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried a manual FW load of the Orbi routers FW with the FW files, then factory reset and setup from scratch? YOu shouldn't need to block FW updates and other say that manually loading FW resolves reboots. IT shouldn't be rebooting randomly at all:

Try a Manual FW load:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Jpetrarca4 wrote:
Hi guys. Wondering if anyone can help. My system frequently reboots on the latest firmware. I went through and did the telnet steps to block the auto update. I downgraded the firmware and all was well for about a week. Today it dropped connection again and yup, it auto updated the firmware to the latest. I don’t understand. In the the tutorial to block this, there is confirmation steps to check the values of lines which I did and all was well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7