Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HP laptop connects to Orbi but no internet

ajv111
Follower

Having the same exact issue. HP Dragonfly laptop. All other products on the network work. Device works fine on all other wifi networks. The Orbi says No Internet when I connect and/or drops the connection. What could I do on the Orbi side to troubleshoot? Could the device get "Paused" and how do I fix it? I have also restarted the gateway and all Orbi units in order. I have reset the network adaptor on the laptop and it does work on all other wireless networks. Seems to be an Orbi issue. Has anyone found a fix?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, it is possible for a device to become "paused".

With the laptop connected to the Orbi WiFi network, please navigate to the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net ), the Advanced Tab, Security Menu, Access Control.

First, notice if Access Control is "Turned on."

Second, examine the table of devices to locate the laptop using the hardware MAC address.

Is this device marked "Allowed" or "Blocked"?

Would be helpful to know the specific model of Orbi router and the firmware release currently on the router. This appears at the top right of most of the web pages.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7