× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mini ups for netgear orbi

JKD2
Aspirant

Not clear whether MoePA found a suitable UPS for his ORBI.  If someone has recommendation, I am trying to solve essentially the same issue - I would like a very small UPS for an ORBI satellite device.  The main Orbi router and cable modem already have UPS backup.  When I experience any sort of brief power outage/brownout - the satellite goes offline and when power resumes it takes a while for the satellite to reboot.  Meanwhile, all the devices see the (distant) signal of the main Orbi and jump on board.  Eventually the two Orbi's sort that out, but not always optimally.  In any case that process takes a takes a while and I'd like to avoid that.  I am looking for an inexpensive compact UPS that can handle the satellite (no other load) during these brief outages. (If the outage lasts more than a few seconds, my whole house generator that kicks in).  The issue seems to be the 3.5a requirement - anyone found one that works?  

Message 1 of 4
MoePa
Guide

I never found a mini UPS that could deliver 3.5A. However, since 2019, many new portable power stations with lithium batteries have become available, and they aren't much more expensive.

At home, I ended up installing an inverter connected to my DB along with a few solar panels to keep my house and router running.

Message 2 of 4
MoePa
Guide

I found this mini UPS product through an internet search, and it appears to be capable of outputting up to 5A.

https://netogy.co.za/products/backup-power/ups100/

Message 3 of 4
JKD2
Aspirant

thx for the quick response, MoePa.  I'll dig into the product you found - if anyone else is aware of a product they've used for the Orbi - let us know.   

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7