× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ring Indoor WiFi Cam Crashes Orbi Mesh Network

buzzoff
Guide

Ring Indoor WiFi Cam Crashes Orbi Mesh Network

I have an Orbi Mesh (RBR40 & 2-RBR20s). I have had an original Ring stickup cam that works fine with my network but just bought 2 Ring gen 2 indoor cams. Hooked up the first one fine and even worked for a very short while but then the network started going down. After much back and forth, I finally disabled the Ring cam and the network became stable. Left cam off for several hours with no issues with the Orbi. Decided to reconnect the Ring cam and the network started crashing again. By crashing, I mean the network loses WiFi internet connection but I am still able to use ET. Once I removed the cam, the wireless started working again. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
buzzoff
Guide

Installed 2nd cam and worked fine.  Tried 1st cam again and had problems.  After multiple factory resets I was able to finally get both cams working.  Sounds like I have a problem with the first cam but obviously able to close this issue.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd contact the Mfr the camera and ask them for help and information regarding there product. IF this is the only device causing then, they may have more information.

Message 2 of 9
buzzoff
Guide

Thanks, you have helped me again.  I actually posted on their support page as well but did Netgear as well in case someone has run into the same issue.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

do both cameras cause the issue or only 1 of them?

Message 4 of 9
buzzoff
Guide

I don't have the original (gen1?) stickup cam installed right now as I had to do a factory reset on it and just haven't finished reinstalling.  However, this one works fine for the last 4 years.  Then Gen2, the new one that I installed is the alleged culprit.  Based on my troubleshooting the issues point to the Gen2 indoor cam and seems repeatable.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

sorry, in your post I thought you bought 2x of the gen 2 cameras. If both had the same issue or if it was specific to one. Maybe it was a hardware problem with the device

Message 6 of 9
buzzoff
Guide

Sorry back at ya :).  Actually did buy 2, Prime special, but only installed 1 to start.  I like to add things slowly and test and glad I did.

Message 7 of 9
buzzoff
Guide

Installed 2nd cam and worked fine.  Tried 1st cam again and had problems.  After multiple factory resets I was able to finally get both cams working.  Sounds like I have a problem with the first cam but obviously able to close this issue.

Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it figured out!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements