× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router does NOT detect internet

Yummy571
Tutor

Router does NOT detect internet

RBR20 router shows red dot next to it lately. It does not detect internet. I have wifi fro Orbi network yet some sites are not accessible. How can I have wifi and yet the router is NOT detecting internet?! I rebooted, factory reset and all that is possible. Can anyone help please? 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router does NOT detect internet

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

Power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds, then power ON the Modem first, then the RBR. 

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Yummy571 wrote:

RBR20 router shows red dot next to it lately. It does not detect internet. I have wifi fro Orbi network yet some sites are not accessible. How can I have wifi and yet the router is NOT detecting internet?! I rebooted, factory reset and all that is possible. Can anyone help please? 

Has your orbi ever worked correctly?

Message 3 of 9
Yummy571
Tutor

Hi thanks for replying. Yes the router worked perfectly for two months. Then I tried comnnecting an outdoor satellite and it works but since then the router says its offline! However there still is wifi, however i noticed some secure sites seem inaccessible. Also the app says it doe NOT detect internet!!! Very strange indeed. (see screenshot). Many thanks, keep safe my friend.

Message 4 of 9
Yummy571
Tutor

Hi thanks for replying. There was NEVER a change from internet provider side. Things started going bad when I connected the outdoor satellite. All works well but some sites are not accessible and the App shows that the router is not connected to internet! All worked perfectly before. Thanks once again for your time. 

Message 5 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Yummy571 wrote:

Hi thanks for replying. Yes the router worked perfectly for two months. Then I tried comnnecting an outdoor satellite and it works but since then the router says its offline! However there still is wifi, however i noticed some secure sites seem inaccessible. Also the app says it doe NOT detect internet!!! Very strange indeed. (see screenshot). Many thanks, keep safe my friend.

forget the app for awhile.  

can you hit the internet from a pc?  what type of modem do you have?

Message 6 of 9
Yummy571
Tutor

Hi I got internet and managed to get into orbi.com and can see all my configutrations...

Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Yummy571 wrote:

Hi I got internet and managed to get into orbi.com and can see all my configutrations...

good....be careful while there.  do not make any changes to the settings unless you know the consequences

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 

@Yummy571 wrote:

Hi thanks for replying. There was NEVER a change from internet provider side. Things started going bad when I connected the outdoor satellite. All works well but some sites are not accessible and the App shows that the router is not connected to internet! All worked perfectly before. Thanks once again for your time. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7