× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite blinking white will not reset

GremDaddy
Aspirant

Satellite blinking white will not reset

Hi,

My 2nd satellite worked for a few days, but now it constantly blinks white. The router and 1st satellite are fine. My overall WiFi is great. Only the satellite is malfunctioning. I have held down the reset button with a paper clip for varying lengths of time. I have tried the 30-30-30 reset and it still blinks white, but the power led cycles red when I do that. I have unplugged it for 5-10 minutes, plugged it back in, and it still blinks white. Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 12
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Satellite blinking white will not reset

Pulsing white. Your Orbi router and satellite are applying a configuration or updating their firmware.

Since that is unlikely for so long of a time, and if you cannot reset it there is a chance that it is bricked. Did the power possibly go out on it while it was applying firmware?

Message 2 of 12
GremDaddy
Aspirant

Thanks's for your response.  It's unlikely that it lost power during a firmware update, but I guess it's possible.   I have not had the satellite very long so I will try to get it swapped out.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 12
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ha Ha, now having this issue myself after having done a config restore.

Showing one satellite connected - but I can see the other one on the network if I go to its IP.

This is just crazy that this is happening after my support period of 90 days is done and now I have no recourse except to troubleshoot this myself. This is just crazy.

Message 4 of 12
jquest2
Aspirant

Hmm. Any updates? I just bought this system today and I hooked up one satellite and router. Then I went a upgraded the firmware. Everyone worked fine. I then decided to add the 2nd satellite, however, all it does is just blink white. Did I mess it up by only configuring 1 satellite rather than both at setup? Help.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

How big is your house? 

A factory reset on the 2nd Satellite should kick it into reboot mode with default settings and the LED should start to blink white. If it doesn't, then this Satellite could be faulty. 

@jquest2wrote:
Hmm. Any updates? I just bought this system today and I hooked up one satellite and router. Then I went a upgraded the firmware. Everyone worked fine. I then decided to add the 2nd satellite, however, all it does is just blink white. Did I mess it up by only configuring 1 satellite rather than both at setup? Help.

Message 6 of 12
jquest2
Aspirant

My house is about 3500 square feet but the walls are solid concrete.  Now I see the power light blinking red 😞

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

You could test the other Satellites Power supply with the 2nd one to see if it could be a power supply issue. 

I would ask for an RMA for the 2nd unit.

Message 8 of 12
jquest2
Aspirant

I appreciate the assistance.  If I can't figutre it out in the next 15 min, I'm taking this back to Costco and exchanging it.  Just bought the dag gone thing today 😕

Message 9 of 12
jquest2
Aspirant

Great, now the light is steady green with the same power adapter.  But still blinking white.  I'm heading off to dinner so I've give it 15 minutes when I get back.

Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Hope the new one works if you get it. 

Good Luck. 

@jquest2wrote:

I appreciate the assistance.  If I can't figutre it out in the next 15 min, I'm taking this back to Costco and exchanging it.  Just bought the dag gone thing today 😕

Message 11 of 12
GremDaddy
Aspirant

I tried all sorts of ways to get mine to reset. Eventually I came to the conclusion that mine was a brick so I exchanged it for another. My system has worked great since then. You are on the right track to just return/exchange the unit.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7