Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite won't connect - constant white pulse

acvitanov
Aspirant

Satellite won't connect - constant white pulse

I bought an Orbi with two satellites a week ago. Initially set it up, no issues and both satellites connected automatically. I then did the dreaded firmware update and now one of my satellites won't connect... Whenver it is powered on the top constantly pulses white. I have read over a decent amount of the forum, but haven't seen this specific expamle I think... I have reset the satellite, factory reset the router, gone through a complete reinstallation, but no go. I've tried going in through the orbi admin portal, but the satellite doesn't show up at all. Can anyone help me? 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Satellite won't connect - constant white pulse

Are you able to connect directly to a satellite via Ethernet cable then try going to 192.168.1.250 and see if you can log into the unit and make sure its on the latest FW.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
acvitanov
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it does not connect to the satellite even through a wired connection. The laptop doesn't appear to establish any kind of connection with the unit at all. 

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

At this point you will want to contact support they will be able to help with the issue or replace the unit if needed.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7