× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellites do not seem to show correctly in Attached Devices

Satellites do not seem to show correctly in Attached Devices

I have the Orbi with 2 satellites. Firmware 2.0.0.74

My issue is that both satellites show up in "connected devices" area as 2.4G devices, but do not show up in the "connected satellites" devices.  I thought that satellites connected as 5G devices.

I tried to check the satellite firmware version, but satellites do not show up in the Firmware Update device list.

I have rebooted router and satellites multiple times.

A number of devices do connect to the satellites, since they get IP addresses and function as expected, but devices that connect to the satellites do not show up in the "connected devices" list. 

If I try to access a satellite using its assigned IP address, I get a Windows "This site can't be reached" message.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Satellites do not seem to show correctly in Attached Devices

After performing factory reset on Orbi (RBR50), the system went through a complete setup, and both satellites (RBS50) had entirely out-of-date firmware. Updated the firmware on those units, and now everything is working as I excpect.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to factory reset the satellites and resync them again you should be able to connect to there IP address to access the firmware update.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4

Performed factory reset on satellites, but still cannot access them via their assigned IP addresses.

First thing in the morning, I'll try factory reset on the main router.

Message 3 of 4

After performing factory reset on Orbi (RBR50), the system went through a complete setup, and both satellites (RBS50) had entirely out-of-date firmware. Updated the firmware on those units, and now everything is working as I excpect.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7