Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Solid White Ring, Solid Green Power LED

Skrymir
Guide

Solid White Ring, Solid Green Power LED

I just got an additional satellite to add to my existing Orbi setup. The new satellite synced up to the router and gave me a blue ring.  Things seemed to be working but devices connected to the new satellite were slow. Turns out the new sat was still on 1.3.0.X firmware while the router and existing satellite were on 1.4.0.16. After a couple of failed attempts to update the firmware (both automatic and manual) the new satellite how is stuck with a solid white ring and a solid green power LED. 

The ring goes to white as soon as the devices is powered on and it never turns off. I’ve tried resyncing and the reset button but no change.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
dpdurst
Luminary

Here is a list of the ring colors and what they mean. Sounds like the Sat thinks its still powering up if its all white. Possible bad Sat maybe if its stuck in the power on state?

Router and satellite power button LEDs

Solid green. Your Orbi router and satellite are powered on.
Solid amber. Your Orbi router and satellite are rebooting.
Pulsing amber. You must reset your Orbi router and satellite to factory default settings.
Pulsing red. Your Orbi system might need attention. Contact support.

Satellite and router ring LEDs

Pulsing white. Your Orbi router and satellite are applying a configuration or updating their firmware.
OFF. Your Orbi router and satellite are working normally.

Router ring LEDs

Solid white. Your Orbi router is powering up.
Pulsing white. Your Orbi router is in factory default mode.
Pulsing magenta. Your Orbi router ring LED might pulse magenta for the following reasons: the WAN port link is down, the router is unable to get the IP address from the modem or ISP, or the router is unable to connect to the Internet.
Pulsing blue and magenta. The Internet connection is blocked because the traffic meter is configured to block Internet traffic when it reaches the limit you configured.

Satellite ring LEDs

Solid white. Your Orbi satellite is powering up.
Pulsing magenta. When your Orbi satellite's ring LED pulses magenta for the first time, it means that your satellite is attempting to connect to your Orbi router. If the ring LED pulses magenta for more than one minute, it could be for the following reasons: the satellite lost the connection to the router or the satellite is unable to get an IP address from the router.
Solid magenta. Your Orbi satellite ring is solid magenta for 10 seconds if it is unable to obtain the IP address from the router.
Solid blue. If your Orbi satellite ring is solid blue for 10 seconds, the connection between your Orbi router and satellite is good.
Solid amber. If your Orbi satellite ring is solid amber for 10 seconds, the connection between the router and satellite is fair.

Message 2 of 5
Skrymir
Guide

Tried again a day later but still having the same problem.  Tried starting a ticket with Netgear but their support site just returns a server error when I submit the form.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello skymir

When pressing the reset button did you hold it for 10 seconds then try to connect it to the base unit? You may also want to try and factory reset the base unit as well then try to update the satellites firmware manually.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
Skrymir
Guide

Thanks Darren.

I worked with NETGEAR support to determine the satellite is faulty and setup an RMA.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7