Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speed When Connecting RBW30 to RBK/RBS50 Setup

AnthemDBA
Aspirant

Speed When Connecting RBW30 to RBK/RBS50 Setup

Hi,
I currently have an rbk50/rbs50 combo setup.  It works great, but there is one area where the signal is a bit weak.  I was thinking about adding the rbw30, however I've read that it brings down the entire network to the speed of the rbw.  Can anyone confirm whether or not adding the rbw30 brings the max speed of the rbk50/rbs50 down to that of the rbw30 or does it simply reduce the speeds of the devices connected to the rbw30, while still keeping the max speeds of the rbk50/rbs50 unchanged?

Thanks

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Speed When Connecting RBW30 to RBK/RBS50 Setup

throughput that may @AnthemDBA wrote:

Hi,
I currently have an rbk50/rbs50 combo setup.  It works great, but there is one area where the signal is a bit weak.  I was thinking about adding the rbw30, however I've read that it brings down the entire network to the speed of the rbw.  Can anyone confirm whether or not adding the rbw30 brings the max speed of the rbk50/rbs50 down to that of the rbw30 or does it simply reduce the speeds of the devices connected to the rbw30, while still keeping the max speeds of the rbk50/rbs50 unchanged?

Thanks

I have an RBK53 system and had an RBW30 in my living room. There was no degradation in my speed. The difference is the satellite has 866Mhz backhaul channel vs. 1733Mbps on an RBS50. Both are Tri-Band. So anything connected to the RBK30 will have a slower throughput, possibly make the devices have a slower WIFI connection.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

throughput that may @AnthemDBA wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

I have an RBK53 system and had an RBW30 in my living room. There was no degradation in my speed. The difference is the satellite has 866Mhz backhaul channel vs. 1733Mbps on an RBS50. Both are Tri-Band. So anything connected to the RBK30 will have a slower throughput, possibly make the devices have a slower WIFI connection.

Message 2 of 3
AnthemDBA
Aspirant

Great, thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements