Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Transferring registration to new email address

Dbalur
Follower

Transferring registration to new email address

How do I transfer my Orbi registration to new email address
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: Transferring registration to new email address

Send an email to customer.support@netgear.com with your request - provide serial numbers, ideally proof of purchase, old registered email, and the new email address 

Message 2 of 6

@Dbalur wrote:
How do I transfer my Orbi registration to new email address

Registration for what? MyNetgear?

If you have access to MyNetgear from the old email address you can "Unregister" it there and add it to the new address.

Go here:

MyNETGEAR

Login to your account. This will list your registered devices.

Click the device you want to "lose" and scroll down to the bottom and find the well hidden link:

michaelkenward_0-1703587832642.png

If that isn't possible, the follow the suggestion from @schumaku.

Then there is this for other types of registration:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

If you have access to MyNetgear from the old email address you can "Unregister" it there and add it to the new address.

Doubt Netgear does allow re-registration of previously registered devices, neither on a new or on the same old account.

Message 4 of 6

@schumaku wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

Doubt Netgear does allow re-registration of previously registered devices, neither on a new or on the same old account.

If Netgear didn't allow that there would be no need for an "Unregister" button like this.

michaelkenward_0-1703624894703.png

It does, I have used it.

But it depends on what you mean by "Register". (See the FAQ.)

You cannot transfer registration for warranty and support, but you can transfer it for things like Anywhere Access or anything that ties your device and its serial number to the Netgear cloud. That's probably more important to most people, and it a regular issue around here.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Same here, used it as well just last week as I accidently let a RBR960 get registered. I was able to get it de-registered from my account. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7