Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to add a second satellite to Orbi RBR50

rsims42
Aspirant

Trying to add a second satellite to Orbi RBR50

Hello experts, 

I bought an Orbi RBR50 router plus 1 satellite which is working fine. I then bought an additional RBS50 satellite from Amazon to add to the system. It worked fine for a year but has now stopped being recognised by the router. The original satellite continues to work fine.

I've tried many times to sync it back to the router but keep getting the magenta light ring indicating failure although I do occasionally get the blue light of success for a minute before it turns magenta.

The new satellite does have a different SSID printed on the bottom of it but the fact that it worked for a year makes me think that's not an issue.

Any ideas about how to sync it back to the router?

Thanks in advance all you clever people.

Russell

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Trying to add a second satellite to Orbi RBR50

Be sure the FW version is the same on the RBS as the RBR. 

Select Remove from the RBRs connected clients page. 

Factory reset the RBS then press the sync button on the RBS then RBR while you have the RBS near or in the same room as the RBR. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Trying to add a second satellite to Orbi RBR50

Be sure the FW version is the same on the RBS as the RBR. 

Select Remove from the RBRs connected clients page. 

Factory reset the RBS then press the sync button on the RBS then RBR while you have the RBS near or in the same room as the RBR. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7