Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to connect Verizon Network Extender to my Orbi Micro Router (RBR20)

dlalonde
Follower

Trying to connect Verizon Network Extender to my Orbi Micro Router (RBR20)

I am unable to complete the set-up on my Verizon Network Extender to work with my Orbi Micro Router (RBR20).  It stops mid-way through the set-up process.  Verizon is no help.  How do I open up a port/allow for access to my router?  I live in a cell phone dead zone and rely greatly on a network extender.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Trying to connect Verizon Network Extender to my Orbi Micro Router (RBR20)

ITs possbible that the extender is not compatible with Orbi. 

If you disable WPA on the RBR temporarily does the extender connect then? Re-enable WPA and TPIK and see. If nothing happens, the EX is probably not compatible.

I would get a Orbi RBS20 to attach to the RBR and this will be more compatible. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Trying to connect Verizon Network Extender to my Orbi Micro Router (RBR20)

I have thought of getting an extender because my house is in an AT&T "dead zone".  When my relatives visit, they have to go out into the street to make a phone call.  (I snicker when they aren't looking.)

The User Manual (https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/network_extender_user_manual.pdf) indicates that the customer router must support VPN.  This is one of the situations where having two routers is not good.  Please describe exactly what the Orbi is connected to (brand and model number).  If this device is a router and the Orbi is set up as a router, one of them needs to be changed.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7