Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Two devices with same IP address - how to resolve?

motiwalla
Aspirant

Two devices with same IP address - how to resolve?

Hi 

I have two attached devices which share the same IP address: 168.192.1.12.  One is Orbi Satellite router and another is a backup drive. I tried to change or delete the IP but there is NO option for changing IP.  The backup device IP comes from OLD lacie hardrive and I don't have any software to change from the device.   

IF I cannot EDIT/Delete from ORBI app, Is it possible to give Orbi Satellite a Static IP?  If so, please let me know HOW.

Thanks

..LM

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi do you have? CBK40? 

What is the IP address the Lacie device is using? 

Have you gone to the Mfrs support site to see if they have the sofware needed? 

You might factory reset the Orbi system and RBS. Then power OFF the RBS. Setup the RBR only and get it setup. Power on our Lacie device. Then power ON The RBS then add it. The RBS should get a new and different IP address. Set a IP address reservation for the RBS on the Orbi router using a PC or laptop and a web browser. 

@motiwalla wrote:

Hi 

I have two attached devices which share the same IP address: 168.192.1.12.  One is Orbi Satellite router and another is a backup drive. I tried to change or delete the IP but there is NO option for changing IP.  The backup device IP comes from OLD lacie hardrive and I don't have any software to change from the device.   

IF I cannot EDIT/Delete from ORBI app, Is it possible to give Orbi Satellite a Static IP?  If so, please let me know HOW.

Thanks

..LM

Message 2 of 5
motiwalla
Aspirant

hi

Thanks for your quick response.. I’ve Orbi RBK50 with 2 Satellites. 

I’ve tried some of the things you have suggested including reset cold & Reboot but nothing is working. I also fav reset my Lacie NAS drive.  I can ask vendor for their software but they have stopped supporting the model which is over 10 years. 

My best bet is to change the IP address of the Orbi satellite.  Any tips would be helpful. 

Thanks,
..Luvai
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What IP address is the lacie device using? 

What you can do is setup the RBS with the RBR. Disconnect the Lacie device from the RBR completely. Go in into the RBRs web page under Advanced tab/Settings/LAN Setup. Find the IP address listing for the RBS. Select it. This will fill in the empty boxes below. This will set up a IP address reservation. Change the IP address to what ever you want, something that avoids using what the Lacie uses. Save/Add the setting. Back on the clients list. Select APPLY. Thile will reboot the RBR. Power OFF the RBS for 30 seconds then back on. Check the IP address that you reserved on the connected clients page to make sure the RBS is using the new IP address. If it is, power ON your Lacie device. It should get a different IP address. I would reserve a different IP address for this device on the RBR. 

Please sure you post about Orbi question or information in the main orbi forum in the future:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@motiwalla wrote:
hi

Thanks for your quick response.. I’ve Orbi RBK50 with 2 Satellites. 

I’ve tried some of the things you have suggested including reset cold & Reboot but nothing is working. I also fav reset my Lacie NAS drive.  I can ask vendor for their software but they have stopped supporting the model which is over 10 years. 

My best bet is to change the IP address of the Orbi satellite.  Any tips would be helpful. 

Thanks,
..Luvai

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7