Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

US Cellular Orbi lbr20 close to no download speed after recent firmware update.

pooptyschmoopty
Follower

US Cellular Orbi lbr20 close to no download speed after recent firmware update.

Purchased this Orbi through US Cellular in September 2021 and ran great until a recent firmware update (V2.6.4.6) in October and now I am getting 0.66 download speed, I have chatted with technical support but even they did not have a clue what was going on.

I am thinking that if I can get a hold of that old firmware and install that it might fix my issue? Is there anyway of getting an older firmware? Is this a US Cellular problem?

Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: US Cellular Orbi lbr20 close to no download speed after recent firmware update.

Hi @pooptyschmoopty

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Are you still experiencing this?

Have you tried factory resetting the device? 

Kindly reflash the firmware and check if it will make any difference. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Mcgainz
Aspirant

Re: US Cellular Orbi lbr20 close to no download speed after recent firmware update.

I’m having the same issue I doknt know if it’s the firmware update though, I just bought this today. I have full bars when Setup. The upload speed is between 3mbps-9mbps and the download speed is 0-1mbps. I was told I would get 300 mbps, it’s never that good so I atleast though I could get into the 100mbps area but it’s not. Contacted US cellular support they told me I had good internet and to just find the optimal spot for the router. Didn’t really like that answer. So I contacted net gear support and they told me the same thing but to also check SIM card. I don’t have anything to check that though. Really felt like the past 4 hours has been a waste of time. Not very good internet for the high hopes I was given.
Message 3 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Mcgainz,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that your wireless speeds are less than optimal with your LBR20. 

Please do the following to resolve your issue:

1. Request a new data SIM from your US cellular provider.

2. Then factory reset your LBR20.

Please navigate to the link below for a step-by-step guide on how to factory reset your Orbi LBR20:

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Best,

Kevin 

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7