Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to complete Amazon Alexa set up in Orbi App for RBS40V Orbi Voice

clo2471
Aspirant

Unable to complete Amazon Alexa set up in Orbi App for RBS40V Orbi Voice

Hello!

I recently purchased Orbi Voice RBS40V to add to my existing Orbi AC2200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System with 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem.  I was able to add the Orbi Voice as a satellite, but when I get to the point of adding Amazon Alexa to my Orbi Voice via the Orbi App, I get an error saying "Something went wrong, sorry about this. Please try again."  I've tried resetting my Orbi Voice and resetting it up, but that didn't work. I've also made sure my firmware for the system as well as the new Orbi Voice are up-to-date.  Has anyone come across this same issue? 

IMG_8027.jpg

I'd really like to enable Alexa on my Orbi Voice - otherwise I just feel like I have a very expensive Orbi Satellite.

Thanks much in advance.

Model: RBS40V — Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa
Message 1 of 4
Bismarck18
Aspirant

Having the exact same issue on a newly purchased Orbi voice. Running the support gauntlet currently. Awaiting a call back from Tier 2 support. Firmware is up to date. Deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing works. Will let you know how it turns out when/if they call me back.
Model: RBS40V — Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa
Message 2 of 4
clo2471
Aspirant

Thanks for the response! Hope you get an answer. Please share if they do get back to you.
Message 3 of 4
Bismarck18
Aspirant

Hello again. I was able to get this working but it required a firmware update to the router (Model CBR40). Support indicates there's a new firmware version that should be release din the next day or two for the router which resolves the issue of being unable to access the Orbi Voice to configure Alexa via the app. You can contact support and ask for the beta firmware if you'd rather not wait. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7