Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to rename my satellites

Ramesh09
Aspirant

Unable to rename my satellites

Bought the whole package with ORBI router-Modem and 2 satellites. everything configured and now trying to test out my mesh nw but both sats has the same name RBS20. Tried to rename these so I can distinguish which sat my device is connecting to. But after renaming it stays for about 10 secs and renames itself to default.

This is ridiculous. Also, there is no status on the sats to show whether it is connected or not. (after initial connection the solid blue led goes away). When I login to my admin page sometimes I see one of the sat show disconnected. not sure why.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: Unable to rename my satellites

When you click on "Attached Devices" in the web GUI you will see this regarding the satellites:

Namnlöst.png

You can see two names: Device Model and Device Name. You can change both of these if you click on names and edit them as follows:

Namnlöst 2.png

Message 2 of 4
Ramesh09
Aspirant

Hi, That is exactly what I am doing. When I change the name and apply changes, I see it accepts the name and after about 10-20 secs it resets the itself to RBS20 as the name.

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

• You need to do the name change while the satellite is connected.
  • Can you please take a snapshot of the satellites' status in Attached Devices like the ones I posted.
  • To which names have you tried to change to?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7