Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using Orbi in another country

mesh_it_up
Aspirant

Using Orbi in another country

Are there any geographic limitations to using Orbi RBK53 bought in the States? For example, I want to set up my parent's house in Ukraine with Orbi - will I be able to do that?

Reason I am asking is that some other vendors (e.g. Google Wifi) have Android management apps that are not available in the Play stores of other countries. You basically can't use Google Wifi there.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Using Orbi in another country

People report purchasing Orbi in the US and installing in many other countries.  The key to success is to use telnet to change the Region Code choices and select the one that most closely matches Ukraine.  (Other countries have different restrictions on which WiFi channels are available and what power levels are allowed.)

The other issue would be which languages the Orbi web interface supports.  The Orbi "app" is cute and very "app-like", but many of the Orbi features cannot be managed using the app. If you pull down the menu in the upper right corner, it shows the languages available.  I see about 4-5 with Cyrillic characters.  Might be a different list when the Region code is set different from US, although it seems unlikely.

If you already own an Orbi, it would be worth investigating before purchasing another.  i.e. change the existing Orbi Region choices, pick the one that matches (Eastern Europe?), and see what language choices there are.

Message 2 of 3
mesh_it_up
Aspirant

Re: Using Orbi in another country

Thanks, @CrimpOn 

Web UI language should not be an issue, it will be me who will be setting up the network.

The regional settings is a great recommendation. I found the following instructions on it https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Changing-Orbi-Region/td-p/1546663

I will be sure to follow them

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7