× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Question

ccl2
Follower

VPN Question

I just upgraded to to an Orbi mesh router.  I have a couple VPN questions for power users.

1)  Is there anyway to add a user name password to the VPN client.   My Asus router had this feature so i could give indivdual VPN logins to different people.   For example my friends live in England and sometimes get geo blocked for certain things.  I had an indivdual acount for him on my old router when he needed it.   Right now it seems like a big oversite on Negears part to allow connections using only a certficiate with no login information.  

2) Can I connect my Orbi to a VPN?   My old Asus router had an Open VPN client built to connect to 3rd party VPN providers.   I kept it connected 24/7.  Instead of having a VPN client on each of my devices, i could simply change the IP address on the device and route that traffic across the VPN.  This was super helpful when I wanted to watch tv shows in the UK which are geoblocked.  I could simply flip the IP address of my AppleTV launch the UK TV app and watch a show.  I cant find anywhere in setup if Orbi does this. 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: VPN Question

@ccl2 wrote:

I just upgraded to to an Orbi mesh router.  I have a couple VPN questions for power users.

1)  Is there anyway to add a user name password to the VPN client.

2) Can I connect my Orbi to a VPN?   My old Asus router had an Open VPN client built to connect to 3rd party VPN providers. 

Orbi's implementation of OpenVPN Host does not support user accounts.  There is only one set of credentials for the remote client.

It is only OpenVPN Host. There is no VPN Client capability.

Sorry.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7