Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Verizon FIOS G3100 Ethernet Only with Orbi RBR50

Shannon88
Aspirant

Verizon FIOS G3100 Ethernet Only with Orbi RBR50

Had an Orbi with Xfinity router (used as a bridge) with both coax and Ethernet ports. Worked great. Today got Verizon FIOS with G3100 router. Technician set up with only an Ethernet cable from the wall, no coax, and it works great, but not enough range. I am embarrassed, but cannot get Orbi RBR50 set up because the WAN port is already in use on the G3100. How do I set this up, please? I would like to use Orbi only, but plugging the Ethernet from the wall into the Orbi was not successful (Orbi app returns "cannot connect to Orbi34" and "Orbi" never shows in my list of available networks on my devices.) Please assume I know nothing and be kind to me. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Shannon88
Aspirant

Re: Verizon FIOS G3100 Ethernet Only with Orbi RBR50

Thank you! After a night's sleep, I decided to use a paperclip to reset the Orbi and now all is working well. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@Shannon88 wrote:

Had an Orbi with Xfinity router (used as a bridge) with both coax and Ethernet ports. Worked great. Today got Verizon FIOS with G3100 router. Technician set up with only an Ethernet cable from the wall, no coax, and it works great, but not enough range. I am embarrassed, but cannot get Orbi RBR50 set up because the WAN port is already in use on the G3100. How do I set this up, please? I would like to use Orbi only, but plugging the Ethernet from the wall into the Orbi was not successful (Orbi app returns "cannot connect to Orbi34" and "Orbi" never shows in my list of available networks on my devices.) Please assume I know nothing and be kind to me. 

First off you do not connect the Orbi to the WAN port of the Verizon router. You would connect to one of the LAN ports on the G3100 router. Then you should be able to set it up.

You mention plugging the ethernet from the wall, what is the wall ethernet connected to. It has to connect to the G3100 LAN port. If not you have to either switch the connection or run another cable.

Message 2 of 4
Shannon88
Aspirant

Thank you! After a night's sleep, I decided to use a paperclip to reset the Orbi and now all is working well. Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

If all else fails, grab the paperclip.Smiley Wink Glad you got it working!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7