Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Went from Deco M5 & Asus aimesh system to Orbi & very slow upload speeds

Chrisddo
Aspirant

Went from Deco M5 & Asus aimesh system to Orbi & very slow upload speeds

Hi guys,
Hoping someone can give me some color on this. In my quest for better wireless speed and most importantly wireless stability I took a chance on the rbk50. I started with single nighthawks and then a deco m5 system as well as an asus 1900p aimesh system. All had their pluses and minuses but I simply couldn’t find the right mix of stability (drops and constant mesh hand-offs) and consistent max speed or throughput.

The Orbi has been surprisingly much more stable than those other systems with my devices and download is roughly the same...but where it matters for me most, upload speed is severely neutered in the same physical areas in my 1400sq foot home where the others excelled. I would say the speed is exactly half.

Ive tried everything..bridging my arris bw210 gigafiber to the orbi’s router and AP modes as well turning off beamforming, mimo, high speed hand off, resetting etc to no avail. I’m also on 2.2 firmware and the satelitte is 30 feet apart.Ive tested the speed in to the modem at 999/975 and re-attached my asus aimesh to more adequate upload speeds.

Is anyone experiencing similar issues or is this simply a weakness of the orbi antennas? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
ekhalil
Master

What upload speed do you get from a wired device to Orbi, please?

Message 2 of 8
Chrisddo
Aspirant

Around 500+/900+ which is odd.
Message 3 of 8
ekhalil
Master

@Chrisddo wrote:
Around 500+/900+ which is odd.

So the upload speed is 900+ with a wired device to Orbi? So you're saying that the upload speed issue is only seen with wireless devices?

Message 4 of 8
Chrisddo
Aspirant

To be clear...from the fiber line to modem is seeing a healthy 1000/900+...from
The orbi When it is wired via ethernet cable Im seeing the 500/900. Im comparing strictly the wireless speeds, though. The Orbi is placed and spaced exactly the same as my previous mesh systems and can’t even hit half the upload speeds of them in same locations comparatively. *shrug* I am most likely returning it for a Deco M9 if there no answers.
Message 5 of 8
ekhalil
Master

Can you please explain what you mean by the two figures 500/900?
Message 6 of 8
Chrisddo
Aspirant

500mbps download / 900mbps upload
Message 7 of 8
ekhalil
Master

- Which wifi radio channels are you using? Have you tried different channels?
- Please do a wifi radio scan and check which channels are being used by your surroundings.
- Do you see same behavior when attached to the Router as when attached to the Satellite?
- What device do you use for testing?
- Please post the settings that you currently have under Advanced Wireless Settings.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7