Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will older satellites slow down my ORBI AC3000?

sabadir
Aspirant

Will older satellites slow down my ORBI AC3000?

I want to buy a couple more satellites but wow...Netgear is proud of the satellites - surprisingly so since its impossible to get this question answered by people who work there.

If I buy one of the older satellites, will my speed be slower only when I am using that satellite?  Or will the whole system be slowed down?

Thanks

Sam

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Will older satellites slow down my ORBI AC3000?

Older? How do you mean? All RBS50 are the same. They all have the same front and backhaul speeds. 

You can add a RBS20 or 30 series to the system and they won't slow the Orbi system down. The backhaul connection rate is lower than the RBS50, 1733 vs 866 so the 20/20 series RBS will just have a slower backhaul connection rate is all. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Older? How do you mean? All RBS50 are the same. They all have the same front and backhaul speeds. 

You can add a RBS20 or 30 series to the system and they won't slow the Orbi system down. The backhaul connection rate is lower than the RBS50, 1733 vs 866 so the 20/20 series RBS will just have a slower backhaul connection rate is all. 

Message 2 of 4
sabadir
Aspirant

Thanks...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7