× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

add satellite(s) to existing RBK 23

Tomy28
Aspirant

add satellite(s) to existing RBK 23

Hello

I own an RBK 23 set-up with an RBR 20 router and 2 RBS20 satellites. I would like to buy additional satellite(s): which model(s) are compatible?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: add satellite(s) to existing RBK 23

Yes, packages are much more price effective that buying only satellites. I bought two sets of RBK52 (router + 2 satellites) for around 250 USD each set. So even if I won’t use the router, I got 4 satellites that didn’t cost more than 125 USD each.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Any Orbi AC satellite will work: RBS20, RBS50, RBS10, RBW30, RBS40, RBS40V (Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa), RBS50Y (Outdoor satellite).

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Tomy28
Aspirant

Thank you but which of those are actually on sale?

Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Tomy28 wrote:

Thank you but which of those are actually on sale?

It depends where you are. 🙂 Here in Europe I can find and buy the RBS20, RBS50, RBS40V and RBS50Y in quite many places.

The RBS50 -particularily- is available at very good reduced prices.

Message 4 of 6
Tomy28
Aspirant

Thanks for your help!

I'm in France. I'm indeed finding the RBS50 but only 20% cheaper than I bought the whole set of router + 2 satellites, 2 years ago. Also, I'm surprised not to find it on netgear's website directly (nor where I bought the original set).

Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Yes, packages are much more price effective that buying only satellites. I bought two sets of RBK52 (router + 2 satellites) for around 250 USD each set. So even if I won’t use the router, I got 4 satellites that didn’t cost more than 125 USD each.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7