Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: [bug report] Add RBS20 to RBK50 drop out with daisy chain

lessleep
Aspirant

[bug report] Add RBS20 to RBK50 drop out with daisy chain

Ok, So I purchased one RBS20 to add to current RBK50 system (1 RBR50, 1 RBS50 which works perfectly), and I want to let RBS20 connect RBS50 in daisy chain method, so the far corner of the house could get better signal. As soon as RBS20 connected to the system, the magenta light is solid on (dropouts), it also makes RBS50 dropout almost immediately.

I tried to disabled the daisy chain setting, RBS20 could connect to router without issue, but I didnt try to let run for very long, so my conclusion is, when you add RBS20 to RBK50 system in daisy chain mode will somehow break the connection between all nodes.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the FW on the RBS20 up to date? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded? on the 50 series system as well? 

Try connecting the RBS20 to the RBR50 first with the RBS50s turned OFF. Does the 20 connect correctly here? 

For Daisy chain to work it has to be enabled on the RBR. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000048458/What-is-daisy-chain-and-how-does-it-work-with-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
https://kb.netgear.com/000048459/How-can-I-see-if-my-Orbi-WiFi-System-is-using-daisy-chain

Message 2 of 4
lessleep
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, all 3 units have lastest firmware V2.7.3.22

I tried to connect RBS20 directly to RBR50 without any issue, if I moved it away far enough so it doesnt see the routers connection, it will try to connect to RBS50, and on routers web interface there might be few mins day, it shows and will keeps showing it already connected to RBS50, but on hardware the red light is on almost instantly when it connect.

Message 3 of 4
lessleep
Aspirant

Also I had just borrowed one RBS50 from friend, and could connect in daisy chain method without RBS20 invloved, so current RBK50 setup has no problem, its either with RBS20 hardware somehow, or it need to be fixed in next firmware update?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7