Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can not telnet RBS40

valleynomad
Aspirant

can not telnet RBS40

I have RBS40 converted from RBR40. It runs on V2.5.1.16. which has the option of enbaling telnet access. However, whenever I try to login as admin it keeps asking for correct login credential as if I gave the wrong id and password. I don't have issue with web access as admin. Did I do something wrong? Or is it just impossible to telnet access Orbi satellite?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: can not telnet RBS40

You can try the user name "root".

This is sort of uncharted territory.  We read comments from users who say they have changed a router into a satellite, but I have never interacted directly with someone who has actually done it. (I certainly have not.) Probably the best move would be to search for specific users who did  this hack and ask them.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

You can try the user name "root".

This is sort of uncharted territory.  We read comments from users who say they have changed a router into a satellite, but I have never interacted directly with someone who has actually done it. (I certainly have not.) Probably the best move would be to search for specific users who did  this hack and ask them.

Message 2 of 3
valleynomad
Aspirant

"root" works! Thanks!

Then I tried admin and found it somehow worked as well. But the session was ended unexpectely after several minutes.

telnet my RBS40 using root as id is stable. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7