Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iAqualink 2.0 Issues

RickF818
Aspirant

iAqualink 2.0 Issues

I have an Orbi RBR50 and two RBS50's and and outdoor Orbi too.  All work great.  However, one device, my iAqualink 2.0 cannot maintain a connection to the network.  The manufacturer of that product says that it is due to the fact that their device needs to connect to a network with WPA security, not WPA2.  They suggest that I add a Netgear range extender such as the N300 and set it to use WAP.  My question is whether anyone knows if I can set the range extender to use a different security protocol from the mesh network that it is connecting to? 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: iAqualink 2.0 Issues

A hardwired connection would probably be the best. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

No, the extender will connect to the host wifi signal and what ever the security mode is set on the host wifi signal. You can setup a wired AP separately then you can set a different security mode. 

Same the Mfr of this device isn't supporting WPA2 fully. WPA and older modes are mostly not used anymore and have been compromised.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

the iaqualink 2.0 has an ethernet jack doesn't it? 

You could hardwire in one of the satellites to the iaqualink if one is close to it. 

Message 3 of 6
RickF818
Aspirant

Yes, that's a possibility.  I also have an ethernet port on the other side of the wall.  I could drill through and physically connect.

Message 4 of 6
RickF818
Aspirant

Interestingly, the builder of this house hardwired a WAP in the ceiling in the closest room back to the ATT modem upstairs.  It has enough of a signal to give me limited connectivity to the pool using the old, pre-Orbi, network.  I suppose I could either replace it with somehthing more powerful that can put a stronger signal out through the cinderblock wall or put a range extender for that signal as close to the wall as possible.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

A hardwired connection would probably be the best. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7