Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

location of satellite

s1ss1s
Follower

location of satellite

hi guys ,

i've read that the orbi satellite location must be in middle of the house ,

my internet feed point is in living room which is in the beginning of my house ,

is there any solutions with exception of the wired extension solution ?

thanks .

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Rattler
Guide

Re: location of satellite

I think what you read is that the Router needs to be at the center of the house. Is that your case? In that config, the router feeds the 1 or 2 satellites to opposite sides of the house. Another option is if the Router is to the far side of the house, you can choose "Enable Daisy-Chain Topology" in Advanced Setup, Wireless Settings. This option allows you to daisy chain form one side of the house to the other, no is wire necessary if the devices are close enough to each other.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Rattler
Guide

Re: location of satellite

I think what you read is that the Router needs to be at the center of the house. Is that your case? In that config, the router feeds the 1 or 2 satellites to opposite sides of the house. Another option is if the Router is to the far side of the house, you can choose "Enable Daisy-Chain Topology" in Advanced Setup, Wireless Settings. This option allows you to daisy chain form one side of the house to the other, no is wire necessary if the devices are close enough to each other.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7