× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi RBR40 repeated threat detected alerts

debcunning
Aspirant

orbi RBR40 repeated threat detected alerts

Since yesterday I've haven gotten nearly 200 "threat detected" alerts from Orbi.  They all seem to be tied to my husbands iphone.  I just updated the firmware, not sure if that will solve the problem, but if so, I think it's strange that it's only coming from one device when we have so many on the network.  Is there something else I should be doing to make the incessant alerts stop and keep his phone/our network protected?  

Thanks!!!

DM 

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi RBR40 repeated threat detected alerts

Is Armor enabled on the RBR? 

Message 2 of 5
debcunning
Aspirant

Yes, Armor is enabled.  Looks like it expires in september, but it is enabled now.  Graph shows almost no activity until yesterday and then a crazy spike on the one device

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

I would review what this one particular device is doing and what is loaded on it that maybe causing problems.

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 5
debcunning
Aspirant

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation