Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

outlook.365.com Certificate Issue

Teamrutland
Aspirant

outlook.365.com Certificate Issue

Hello

Started seeing an issue today when an device trying to contact O365 with any mail program comes up with this certificate error issue. 

Anyone any thoughts?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: outlook.365.com Certificate Issue

Glad you figured it out. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@Teamrutland wrote:

Started seeing an issue today when an device trying to contact O365 with any mail program comes up with this certificate error issue. 

Hmmm.  Interesting that the certificate is "self signed" for www.routerlogin.net, which has absolutely nothing to do with Office 365.

Netgear ran into a horrible mess a year ago when the SSL certificates that Netgear had created for their routers expired and were not renewed.  (No one has ever said if (a) Netgear simply forgot to renew them, or (b) the certificate authority had decided no longer to support generic names such as "routerlogin.net".)  As I recall, Netgear had a bunch of SSL certs (routerlogin.com, routerlogin.net, orbilogin.com, orbilogin.net, etc.)

My guess is that this is a result of a software update in the email programs that now rejects "self signed" SSL certificates.

If getting to the email is really important, you might try selecting the option, "go there anyway."

Message 2 of 4
Teamrutland
Aspirant

Turned off Access Control on the router and the issue was resolved.

Case closed.

@CrimpOn wrote:

@Teamrutland wrote:

Hmmm.  Interesting that the certificate is "self signed" for www.routerlogin.net, which has absolutely nothing to do with Office 365.

Netgear ran into a horrible mess a year ago when the SSL certificates that Netgear had created for their routers expired and were not renewed.  (No one has ever said if (a) Netgear simply forgot to renew them, or (b) the certificate authority had decided no longer to support generic names such as "routerlogin.net".)  As I recall, Netgear had a bunch of SSL certs (routerlogin.com, routerlogin.net, orbilogin.com, orbilogin.net, etc.)

My guess is that this is a result of a software update in the email programs that now rejects "self signed" SSL certificates.

If getting to the email is really important, you might try selecting the option, "go there anyway."

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you figured it out. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7