× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

problem port internet orbi rbk50

Thunder_50
Follower

problem port internet orbi rbk50

Good afternoon community, I hope you can advise or guide me towards a solution to my problem. I have an Orbi RBK50, and it receives its internet connection through an Ethernet cable. Suddenly, it started malfunctioning, and the connection drops to 100 Mbps instead of Gigabit. I've checked with different cables and even a switch, and the network speed has not dropped to 100 Mbps as the Orbi configures it. Is there any way to force that port to not auto-negotiate or to check at what speed the Orbi's port is negotiating? I appreciate your information in advance."

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: problem port internet orbi rbk50

The speed negotiated is displayed on the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab. Click the box "Show Statistics" and this box will come up:

CrimpOn_0-1711493943480.png

There is nothing the user can do to influence the speed negotiated.  This is done entirely by the actual hardware:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonegotiation 

Message 2 of 3

Re: problem port internet orbi rbk50

@Thunder_50 wrote:

I have an Orbi RBK50, and it receives its internet connection through an Ethernet cable.

What is at the other end of that cable?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7