Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: registration problem with orbi

HannoZ
Aspirant

registration problem with orbi

Wondering if I could get some help with this registration issue.  I ran through the orbi set up and allowed the set up software to automatically register the unit.  Looking at the mynetgear account, it is listed as a registered product but the support options are full of red crosses - see screen grab.  I also had an issue with chrome when I tried to upload the receipt.  The little box with the file selection location wouldnt work.  I had to use edge instead to get this to work.

Any help would be appreciated.  By the way, the unit works great and the wifi coverage is excellent.

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Might phone connect with NG support regarding this...

Message 2 of 15
Ulairi
Luminary

@HannoZ wrote:

Looking at the mynetgear account, it is listed as a registered product but the support options are full of red crosses - see screen grab.  

Could be a temporary glitch and related to the maintenance/support site changeover that some folk mentioned per the responses in this thread

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 3 of 15
HannoZ
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies.  I managed to get through to NG support and they are looking at this.  Hope to get something back in the next few days.

Message 4 of 15
HannoZ
Aspirant

unfortunately chat support werent able to fix this so raised a support ticket as few days ago.  havent heard anything yet so thought i would try un-registering and re-registering.  this worked fine with a network switch ie all support options available and warranty information correct but the orbi still shows support options not available and no warranty information.  seems to be more than a glitch.

Message 5 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Hannoz 

Were you ever able to get help from support?

DarrenM

Message 7 of 15
HannoZ
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM.  Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately the answer is no.  I went through chat support and uploaded some additional information and screenshots but they were unable to solve the problem.  I then raised a support ticket about a week ago but havent had anything back yet.

Logging in just now, the orbi is registered but the support options are still crossed through and there still isnt any warranty information.  I also tried un-registering and re-registering but that didnt seem to work either.

Hanno

Message 8 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Pm me the Ticket number and I will escalate the issue.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 15
HannoZ
Aspirant

Thanks.  The case no is 40104222

Hanno

Message 10 of 15
Ulairi
Luminary

Good luck getting any response out of Netgear support.  Theyr're ignoring me....  (see this thread: link)

Message 11 of 15
HannoZ
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM

Thanks for getting support involved.  Thay have sent a request under case no 40104222 asking me to give them some contact info so that they can talk to me.  Unfortunately neither the link they sent or the netgear support page case update messaging will allow me to send the information.  For some reason it keeps coming back with 'required'.  I was wondering whether you could ask them to use an email address that I can reply to rather than the 'do not reply' address they used to contact me.

many thanks

Hanno

Message 12 of 15
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

yes PM me the contact info and I will relay that.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 13 of 15
abasu
Aspirant

I also have exactly the same problem with the product registration of my Netgear Orbi RBK50. I bought a genuine Netgear product from Amazon India, and why is the product not eligible for any warranty or support of any kind?

Message 14 of 15
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi abasu, 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7