× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

serial numbers not matching

wifiblues
Luminary

serial numbers not matching

I have a refurbished RBK43 system.

when I open the Orbi app,  under details for the satellites, the serial numbers on the satellites does not match - the app says one thing and the bottom of the satellites say another.  Why?

thanks,

wifiblues 

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: serial numbers not matching

I would return the system and get another or contact NG support about this. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 5
wifiblues
Luminary

I spoke with NG support or attempted support.

I am pretty sure the serial numbers on the satellites does not match because I bought a refurbished system.  The MAC address does match on the app and satellites.  also, the router serial number and MAC address matches.

next, I have to contact the original buyer to switch the registration to my name.

thanks,

wifiblues

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@wifiblues wrote:

I am pretty sure the serial numbers on the satellites does not match because I bought a refurbished system.  The MAC address does match on the app and satellites.  also, the router serial number and MAC address matches.

Cerainly not refurbished by or to Netgear standards. Some unqualified swapping PCBs only. Netgear refurbished units come with a warranty and can be registered again.

What levels of warranty and support does NETGEAR ProSupport for Home offer? 

@wifiblues wrote:

next, I have to contact the original buyer to switch the registration to my name.

Well, the warranty is not transferable. Even the original buyer can't free up it's registration.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7