× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

sftp and scp stall on large file uploads

cheddarbo46
Guide

sftp and scp stall on large file uploads

I have an Orbi system and I noticed that trying to upload a large file, 1GB+ (using terminal in MacOS) with either SFTP or SCP to an online location (AWS EC2 in this case) the upload will stall and fail with a broken pipe error. However, if I plug directly into the modem (ATT) the file upload works flawlessly.  The exact error:

-packet_write_wait: Connection to x.x.x.x port 22: Broken pipe lost connection

I know it's not a procedure or permission issue, and as I mentioned going straight through the modem works, but when connected to the Orbi (wired or wireless) it fails.  Ideas?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
cheddarbo46
Guide

Re: sftp and scp stall on large file uploads

note firmware version:

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation