Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I use RBR850 with 2 different ISP's?

MBMT
Follower

Can I use RBR850 with 2 different ISP's?

I live in a very rural are of the country and currently use HughesNet as my ISP.  Because of latency issues with satellite based internet, I also ordered a SLOW DSL circuit.

Can I use 2 ISP's with the Orbi RBR850 or will I just have to use the wireless router feature on the DSL modem for the DSL and the Orbi wireless feature for the HughesNet?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can I use RBR850 with 2 different ISP's?

The RBR needs to be connected one mode that has a ethernet connection. It only supports 1 ISP modem device at a time. The RBR supports Link Aggregation however this still has to be with 1 modem that also supports LAG itself. Just combines 2 connections between the RBR and ISP modem that support this feature. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBR needs to be connected one mode that has a ethernet connection. It only supports 1 ISP modem device at a time. The RBR supports Link Aggregation however this still has to be with 1 modem that also supports LAG itself. Just combines 2 connections between the RBR and ISP modem that support this feature. 

Message 2 of 3
jayeshm
Apprentice

It will not work with it. You will end up needing to put either something like a pfsense/netgear firewall aggregation or a dual wan router/switch setup like the TPLINK ER605 or its successors. That way you can successfuly combine two ISPs

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7