Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet Port Going Bad?

js5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Internet Port Going Bad?

This is my first post.   I bought the RBK853 in December and it really has worked great up until a few weeks ago.

Recently the Internet Port has begun flapping (going up/and down) losing Internet connectivity.   It works for a little bit then stops.  

When it sporadically works I run a speed test and get 90Mbits down before disconnecting.   I tried my old router and 400Mbps+ down.  At this point to use the Orbi reliablly it has to be in bridge mode connected to my old router (I use the non-Internet ports and 400Mbps+ then).  I would keep in bridge bridge modem but, my Satellites don't work.

I tried the following troubleshooting:

- Factory Reset

- New Ethernet Cables

- New Cable Modem

- Different Router In Front (Works great this way with Orbi in Bridge Mode.  If I double NAT and use the Internet Port I have the same problem as it directly connect to the cable modem )

- Called Tech Support (they told me no way it was hardware.   They said it has to be software if I am able to access it.)

Anyone have any other ideas?  To me in seems like the Internet NIC on the Orbi is going bad but I am open to ideas.  

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 2 of 4
js5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortuantly no.   I tried rolling back to older firmware version and no luck there either.   Still having the same issues if I have the Internet Port directly plugged in.   Internet Port flaps (going/up down) and throughput really is choking when it is working.  

With another router in front, the Orbi in AP Mode, and using a non Internet port the Wifi works great where it can reach.    Problem is Satellites won't sync. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd make contact with NG support regarding this...may have a faulty unit. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7