Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Would you list us the FW version they gave you please? 

@AK_NG wrote:
I finally got a call from netgear customer support with a beta FW ver . I was able to update to new beta fw ver manually for the mesh and the slowness issue is resolved. The speeds are now consistent in 900 mbps . Did not notice any issues for past day or so with new beta ver which is a good news.. Hopefully netgear will send new ver fw to others also that are facing issues with new fw update soon.

Message 351 of 525
AK_NG
Tutor

V4.6.3.16_2.0.51
Message 352 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, so you called in to NG support and this was offered to you and seems to be working for you and fixed the problems you saw in last version? 

@AK_NG wrote:
V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

Message 353 of 525
AK_NG
Tutor

I had a ticket opened closed to a month . Netgear support called me back and provided the new beta ver
Message 354 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok thank you. I'll direct users to NG support and ask about this. Lots of users hopefully will benefit from this.

Thank you.

Message 355 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

ALL USERS of the 7 series Orbi AX system, please contact NG support by opening a support ticket and contact NG and ask them for the beta that seems to be avialable for the 7 series that seems to be directed to fixed what everyone with a 7 series has been having problems with:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

For user out of warranty, contact @Blanca_O and @DarrenM and send them a PM and ask for the beta. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/213650...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/213652...

Good Luck. 

Message 356 of 525
AggedwNG
Apprentice

Is there at least a set of release notes with this beta? Seems to only address wifi issues from what I'm reading but nothing about addressing the issue with downloads over ethernet hosing up the router.. What's worse is support is zero help nor do they know Jack about any beta fw mentioned above..
Message 357 of 525
RayBan_21
Star

Struggling with reaching support and requesting the beta firmware update. Any chance on sharing the link here so we can test it out?
Message 358 of 525

Same here. I’ve had my orbi for just over a year and have the protection plan on it. I thought that extended the support window. Guess that’s the last time I do that.
Message 359 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

can somebody pin the fAQs to the top and close this thread?
Message 360 of 525
michsu
Apprentice

Can someone please provide the link to help everyone else out? Thank you.
Message 361 of 525
michsu
Apprentice

Didn’t
Message 362 of 525
maven99
Initiate

I see you posting this all over, to contact support, but maybe you should contact support to let them know a Beta is available becuase I just did and they don't know about the beta and don't have access to it. Just spent 30 minutes with them and they have no clue.

So people, don't contact support, they don't know about the beta and it will just result in a waste of your time.

Message 363 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

can you add the link?
Message 364 of 525
michsu
Apprentice

Can someone just post a copy for everyone here to use? No Netgear support, no calls, no nothing.. everyone is just waiting for a link please, thank you. I might as well return and get another product like an Eero and get full speeds.
Message 365 of 525
Berryvl
Star

Just received and installed the 4.6.3.16 beta fw release from NG Support. Its been running for an hour now without issues. For sure too early to tell but it is looking good.

Unfortunately the beta release can't be shared in the forum as the user has to agree to some usage terms before downloading it, this is painful but understandable. I am quite sure that if you open a ticket that refers to the 4.6.3.7 fw issues, it should not take longer than a day before you get access to the beta fw. 

Message 366 of 525
cpmassen
Apprentice

Did the beta also update the Satellite firmware? I am still having issue with a Samsung TV connecting to the satellite. It connects fine to the router but as soon as the satellite powers on it is back offline!
Message 367 of 525
Berryvl
Star

Yes, the Beta release comes with an update for both the RBR and the RBS.

Message 368 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Anyone know how to submit a case if you are out of warranty and beyond the generous 90 day support?  Do you try the request to replace?

I'd also be curious if anyone who has the beta installed if they've had the internet disconnects and the router going non responsive and the light turning magenta if this release addresss it?

Message 369 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for confirming and letting us know what the process is and the results. Hopefully the beta and a follow on FW update will fix all this. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

@Berryvl wrote:

Just received and installed the 4.6.3.16 beta fw release from NG Support. Its been running for an hour now without issues. For sure too early to tell but it is looking good.

Unfortunately the beta release can't be shared in the forum as the user has to agree to some usage terms before downloading it, this is painful but understandable. I am quite sure that if you open a ticket that refers to the 4.6.3.7 fw issues, it should not take longer than a day before you get access to the beta fw. 

Message 370 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Please reach out to the forum moderators if your beyond warranty support. 

@Timothy88 wrote:

Anyone know how to submit a case if you are out of warranty and beyond the generous 90 day support?  Do you try the request to replace?

I'd also be curious if anyone who has the beta installed if they've had the internet disconnects and the router going non responsive and the light turning magenta if this release addresss it?

Message 371 of 525
Berryvl
Star

Yes, even though i was beyond the 90 days support, but within warranty i choose the request for replace option. Shortly after i was on the phone with NG support and during that call they converted my case to a proper support case (as you would get when you are eligable for support). This case was then followed up by NG. Because of the time difference i got calls at impossible moments, never the less i was able to progress just by updating the case. I have to say that even though a long time went by since logging the case (started at August 19th) we are now very close to a solution.
@Timothy88 wrote:

Message 372 of 525
jdk1120
Apprentice

I just installed the beta firmware that I received through support.  The intermittent disconnect has stopped but it has only since a few hours since the firmware "update."  I'll report back in a few days whether this seems to have resolved the issue.

PS I did not change any of the settings after installing the beta firmware including the wifi6 AX options.

Message 373 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Let us know how it goes later on down the road.

Message 374 of 525
cpmassen
Apprentice

I spent another 2 hours on phone support with these same issues and in the end they want to have me pay shipping to send my satellite back for replacement. I asked multiple times for the beta download yet wasn’t offered it. In fact the support agent claimed to know nothing about it. I really just want that download to try it to see if it resolves my connectivity issues.
Message 375 of 525
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7