Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New RBR750 / RBS750 Series Firmware Version v3.2.17.12 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Series Firmware Version v3.2.17.12 Released

Intereseting find with your camera. Does the camera and system work ok with upnp disabled on the camera and uPnP enabled on the RBR? 

@Flupke wrote:

I am still searching for the issue and now believes that it may be caused by UPnP where one device (a Foscam camera) is actually creating port mapping acording to the logs "just before the port forward stops functioning".

Moreover, it looks like the table enumerating the various UPnP rules on the Orbi router is empty. I suspect that it is either corrupted or disfunctioning.

I am rather confident that this is the root cause.

- I disabled the UPnP rules on the router for a try. So far so good.

- I also disabled thez UPnP feature of the Foscam cameras as I am managing them properly, on the LAN, and don't need/want them to be accessible from internet directly

Message 26 of 39
Flupke
Guide

I don't have a critical need for UPnP currentely (or at least not to my knowledge but maybe the kids will complain that something stopped functioning at their PS4 level).

And I would still like to double-check that the problem is resolved by keeping the two disabled (caera and router). If it is confirmed "fixed" in a couple of weeks than I will consider re-enabling UPnP.

Note that I found other reports that the UPnP portmap table has/had glitches (https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28845-xr500-upnp-portmap-table-is-not-refreshing/😞 is one of you in position to confirm that they can see an UPnP entry listed on the portmap table in the Advanced menu! I wouldn't like to reactivate the feature without being sure that "it works for other users". 

Message 27 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok sounds like a fair check to do.

I have uPnP enabled on my RBR however I also see the UI is no populating with any display of port and device information. I believe its working as I game with this router with two xbox consoles and have not seen any issues. 

No_uPnPEntriesInUI.png

Sounds like we need to make contact with NG support about this UI issue.

@Blanca_O 

Message 28 of 39
Flupke
Guide

And if you look in Admin / Logs on your console, do you find trace of uPnP transactions in the log?

PS unfortunately, I wad very disappointed to notice that the support is not provided for more than 3 months after purchase 😞 the only option is "hardware exchange" (which is a nonsense for bugs as this would not fix anything)

Message 29 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes I am seeing uPnP logging:

[UPnP set event: DeletePortMapping] from source 192.168.0.126, Monday, Mar 08,2021 02:49:41
[UPnP set event: AddPortMapping] from source 192.168.0.126, Monday, Mar 08,2021 02:48:54

Which checking the connected devices web page is the IP address of the xbox I turned on to check this. 

Message 30 of 39
Flupke
Guide

Quick update: my issues have disappeared since I disabled uPnP.

The uPnP seems buggy: it affected manual port forward rules and its does not properly document the uPnP port mapping table that stays empty.

I recommend disabling uPnP to avoid the issues.

Message 31 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

What problems were you seeing with uPnP enabled? 

@Flupke wrote:

The uPnP seems buggy: it affected manual port forward rules and its does not properly document the uPnP port mapping table that stays empty.

Message 32 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Also uPnP should be disabled if manual PF configurations are enabled. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What problems were you seeing with uPnP enabled? 

@Flupke wrote:

Message 33 of 39
Flupke
Guide

There are two prolems with the uPnP implementation of the Orbix AX6000:

1/ it breaks my managed port forward rules (although the uPnP devices are not issuing requests related to the same ports): they stop functining as soon as a uPnP request arrives. This took quite a while to dagnise!

2/ the uPnP request are "mentionned" (without details) in the log of the router, ...but the uPnP port mapping table is not displaying anything. It stays empty. Many users (even the ones with uPnP-only, ...and for which it apparently work) also report not seeing the mapping in the router console. So this seems a general issue. 

Message 34 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

@Flupke wrote:

There are two prolems with the uPnP implementation of the Orbix AX6000:

1/ it breaks my managed port forward rules (although the uPnP devices are not issuing requests related to the same ports): they stop functining as soon as a uPnP request arrives. This took quite a while to dagnise!

When any manual PF configurations are configured, uPnP needsd to be disabled when manual configuration are used. This has been a known thing across all routers. This isn't a bug. Just a configuration thing.

2/ the uPnP request are "mentionned" (without details) in the log of the router, ...but the uPnP port mapping table is not displaying anything. It stays empty. Many users (even the ones with uPnP-only, ...and for which it apparently work) also report not seeing the mapping in the router console. So this seems a general issue. Yes, we've reported this to NG regarding nothing being displayed in the UI. 

Message 35 of 39
Flupke
Guide

You wrote "This isn't a bug. Just a configuration thing"

but I had no such issue with my former router, a Linksys WRT 1900 AC, where uPnP wasn't affecting my port mapping.

Moreover if the two options would officially be incompatible, I would expect it to be documented and I would expect the administrative console to prevent the misconfiguration. 

so allow me to keep the opinion that it is actually a bug (either a design bug, either a flaw in the implementation)

Message 36 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

I would recommend contacting NG support and let them know about this. 

Good Luck.

Message 37 of 39
Flupke
Guide

Unfortunately Netgear support can only be contacted within the 3 months after purchase, ...and not anymore afterward except by paying per ticket. I am willing to spend some time to report problems, for free, but certainly not to pay.

Message 38 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a forum moderator then.

@Blanca_O 

Message 39 of 39
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation