Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI wifi not visible

OrbiEd
Aspirant

ORBI wifi not visible

ORBI RBR750, Just purchased orbi RBR750 with one satellite but can't set up on phone app as the orbi wifi is not visible on any device in house. Model # not available in field above, 2nd forum to post? Is this correct area
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI wifi not visible

Try a different wifi device and Orbi app? 

Try setting up the RBR and RBS with a wired PC or laptop connected to the RBR and web browser pointed to 192.168.1.1

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 8
OrbiEd
Aspirant

The WiFi I am trying to see is the Orbi wifi, so if not visible on huawei phone, iPhone, Samsung phone and IBM laptop, I suspect the issue is the Orbi and using a different app will still have the step, connect to the orbi wifi.
I could try connecting the orbi to the pc but this does not follow the netgear instructions and I would not be fully confident on what settings I would need to be setting.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You would follow what is seen in the setup wizard that will help you out in regards as to what you'll be doing. 

Message 4 of 8
OrbiEd
Aspirant

MODEL: Orbi RBR750

Maybe aI'm not explaining correctly, I will try explain again a bit clearer.

The Netgear App ORBI is the app recommended to download and follow the steps which takes you through the steps required to get connected. The App tells the user on you phone to connect to the ORBI wifi. The ORBI WIFI is not visible to any device in my house, as mentioned above , laptops or phones. So I cannot follow the netgear instructions since I have come to a stop. Using any other app will result in the same since none of my devices can see the wifi from the ORBI.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting up the RBR and RBS with a wired PC or laptop connected to the RBR and web browser pointed to 192.168.1.1. See if you can set up the RBR here and give a new SSID name. See if this appears on your devices. If it doesn't, you'll need to get the system replaced as it would be faulty. 

Message 6 of 8
OrbiEd
Aspirant

I have connected the ethernet connection to my PC and typed the IP 192.168.1.1 address into the web browser but it can't see that page message. Seems unusual that a brand new device costing so much money was not tested beforeit left the factory?

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Does orbilogin.com or .net appear on the page? 

Possible the unit is faulty. Either contact NG support and ask about an RMA or if you have a return policy with where you got it, get in contact with them...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7