Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK753S AX4200 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router Not Connecting to internet (Cox FO business)

Harry_CSLCV
Aspirant

Orbi RBK753S AX4200 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router Not Connecting to internet (Cox FO business)

I am looking to replace an existing Nighthawk wifi router with the Orbi RBK753S AX4200 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router with Two Satellites at my place of business. The internet connection is a Cox business connection coming from a Cox-provided 7210 SAS (service access switch) which has the Cox fiber input and the local ethernet output.

I have gone through multiple resets & reconfigurations of the Orbi and cannot get it to connect to the internet. I can connect to the wifi of the Orbi, but never to the interent. Swapping back and forth to the Nighthawk, the Nighthawk connects to the interent every time. I factory reset the Orbi and follow the same steps I used when I tested the Orbi at home. Orbi works fine at home (Cox 'cable' service for residential), but with no success at the business.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Harry

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK753S AX4200 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router Not Connecting to internet (Cox FO business)

Glad you figured it out. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK753S AX4200 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Router Not Connecting to internet (Cox FO business)

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Orbi 7 series is mostly meant for home and small office environments. May not work well in business environments. 

Message 2 of 4
Harry_CSLCV
Aspirant

Hello Furrye38

Thank you for your reply. Further trouble shooting led to seeing that the 'output' from the Cox 7210 SAS (service access switch) was essentially an ethernet LAN, so once the Orbi was confiured as an access point as opposed to a router, everything came up.

All the best,

Harry

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you figured it out. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7