Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK852 Check Satellite Signal Strength

DatabaseJase
Luminary

Orbi RBK852 Check Satellite Signal Strength

Just upgraded from an RBK52 (plus a 3rd RBS50) to the RBK852 and I wanted to check the signal strength between the Satellite and the Router like you could on the RBR50:

http://192.168.1.1/online_upgrade_info.html

That page just redirects to the main admin page on the RBR850 so seems that information isn't available. I know that Telnet can be more complicated to get working on the RBR850 so that option probably isn't available either.

Anyone have a way to obtain the signal strength via the admin web pages?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK852 Check Satellite Signal Strength

it only shows connection rates but you can hit the show stats button the Advanced tab/Internet port page to see what the rates are. If rates seem low then this would be one inidiation there maybe a problem. Distance or otherwise. 

Message 2 of 4
DatabaseJase
Luminary

That's a shame as it was useful information on the RBR50.  Also tried a Linksys Velop AX5300 [1] and that also shows the signal strength (along with lots of useful information).  Shame this isn't available on the RBR850 as it can help when you're trying to move the satellite as far away as possible while keeping signal strength below -67dBm so as to not impact backhaul speed.

[1] In the end I returned the Velop AX5300 as only one 5Ghz band is WiFi6 and the other is WiFi5 only (Velop also dynamically chooses which 5Ghz network to use for backhaul which means that sometimes the WiFi6 network is taken up by backhaul and unavailable to clients).

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements