Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E latency and connection problems

Hausgeist
Follower

Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E latency and connection problems

Dear all,

I recently bought the new Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E Mesh system for kinda good money.

To be honest, I can't really understand the hype. The only advantage I got is that I don't have to reconnect to an AP depending on where I am in my house.

Beside this I only got problems. 

1. Daisy chain not working.
    I got a very simple setup in my house:
    Satellite 1 = 3m from router through one wall.
    Satellite 2 = 6m from router through three heavy walls, 3m from Satellite 1 through 2 very thin walls.
    Satellite 2 is ALWAYS connecting to the router with the result of very poor WiFi quality instead of connecting to Satellite 1 with good WiFi quality.

2. Latency peaks and connection losses
    I got a bureau in the basement directly under Satellite 1 on the ground floor with a distance of 3m through one wall.
    My computers connect to Satellite 1, which is purposed. The problem is that I always got latency peaks up to 1000 and connection losses, so that it's impossible for me to do video conferencing or working on sharepoint's since the connection always breaks. If I take my laptop next to the rooter, I do't have this problem - stable and very fast.

Does anyone of you guys has the same problems? I mean, this system was developed to provide provide a good WiFi coverage even in labyrinthine houses. My system can't even provide a good WiFi over 3m with just 1 wall in between.

Any suggestions are very appreciated otherwise I am forced to give the system back to the seller.

TY in advance,

Hausgeist

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E latency and connection problems

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Possibly having too many RBS in the home can be problematic as well. Does the system work with just 1 RBS deployed? 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E latency and connection problems

Any progress on this? 

@Hausgeist wrote:

Dear all,

I recently bought the new Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E Mesh system for kinda good money.

To be honest, I can't really understand the hype. The only advantage I got is that I don't have to reconnect to an AP depending on where I am in my house.

Beside this I only got problems. 

1. Daisy chain not working.
    I got a very simple setup in my house:
    Satellite 1 = 3m from router through one wall.
    Satellite 2 = 6m from router through three heavy walls, 3m from Satellite 1 through 2 very thin walls.
    Satellite 2 is ALWAYS connecting to the router with the result of very poor WiFi quality instead of connecting to Satellite 1 with good WiFi quality.

2. Latency peaks and connection losses
    I got a bureau in the basement directly under Satellite 1 on the ground floor with a distance of 3m through one wall.
    My computers connect to Satellite 1, which is purposed. The problem is that I always got latency peaks up to 1000 and connection losses, so that it's impossible for me to do video conferencing or working on sharepoint's since the connection always breaks. If I take my laptop next to the rooter, I do't have this problem - stable and very fast.

Does anyone of you guys has the same problems? I mean, this system was developed to provide provide a good WiFi coverage even in labyrinthine houses. My system can't even provide a good WiFi over 3m with just 1 wall in between.

Any suggestions are very appreciated otherwise I am forced to give the system back to the seller.

TY in advance,

Hausgeist

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7