Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750

Smam_berg
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750

How do I get the orbi app to detect my orbi network? I have tried all the suggested "still having issues?" I am connected to it via WiFi so I don't get why it's not detecting. 

Message 1 of 6

Re: Orbi RBR750

@Smam_berg wrote:

How do I get the orbi app to detect my orbi network?

What Orbi network? (Model number?) Which Orbit app? (iOS or Android?)

@Smam_berg wrote:

I have tried all the suggested "still having issues?"

Not much to go on there. What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

or

Nighthawk App - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 6
Smam_berg
Aspirant

It’s an orbi RBR750. Trying to log into the iOS app. While on the Wi-Fi network. Says that network could not be detected.
Message 3 of 6

@Smam_berg wrote:
It’s an orbi RBR750. Trying to log into the iOS app. While on the Wi-Fi network. Says that network could not be detected.

Still not much wiser. That is the exact wording of the message that the Orbi App throws up?

Can you get into the RBR750 using the browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

That would rule out iOS issues. There have been problems with that in the past.

Message 4 of 6
Smam_berg
Aspirant

Sorry I’m not more clear on the issue. Maybe this photo will help a little. I will also try the GUI method and see.
Message 5 of 6

@Smam_berg wrote:
Sorry I’m not more clear on the issue. Maybe this photo will help a little.

That's good. Now we can see what you are talking about.

Have you investigated setting up Anywhere Access? That will also work on your local network. It just gets there via the Netgear Cloud service.

@Smam_berg wrote:
I will also try the GUI method and see.

To be honest, that really is the best option for local management. Apps are designed to make like "east" whereas in reality they can be more trouble than they are worth.

I should have asked before, is there a modem of some sort in front of your Orbi? If so, what is it?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7