Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBk852 Connecting to device with no internet

arinehim
Aspirant

Orbi RBk852 Connecting to device with no internet

Today I set up my Orbi RBR850 system. Getting the system up and working was more difficult than I anticipated but it is now up. I've been able to connect all of my devices except my Desktop computer.

I've tried both a wired ethernet connections as well as using my computers wireless connection to connect. My Desktop tells me I am connected to the router but that there is no internet. I've tried restarting both my computer, router, and modem all independently as well as together. This computer connected to my previous router both wirelessly and wired with an internet connection. I've also experienced some weird issues where some devices will connect to the router but will also not not have and internet connection. Then when I switch the same device to the guest network the internet works fine. I'm pretty new to this wifi system and I'm not well versed on wifi systems. Any advice that can be given is really appreciated.

Firmware version is v4.6.3.16

Wifi setting: WPA2-Personal

Internet provider: Comcast

Motherboard: Asus

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
arinehim
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBk852 Connecting to device with no internet

Found Solution!

I managed to get the system working.  What I did was first perform a factory reset on all of the satelites.  Then I performed a new setup using only the main router.  I also made sure not to have any of the existing devices plugged into the router while it was performing the new setup.  Once it was up I slowly added more devices to the newtwork.  and I added satelite recieves one at a time.

I'm going to continue to monitor it as time goes by but for now things seem to be ok.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What wireless card is in the desktop and what driver is installed for it? 

What modem/gateway is the orbi connected to? 

Message 2 of 5
arinehim
Aspirant

The modem I have the Orbi connected to is the Arris Surfboard SB6183.  

The Wireless card I have is Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 MHz.  The driver is a from Microsoft, its whatever driver was installed when I installed the motherboard.  The version is 21.10.2.2.  The motherboard is the Asus STRIX Z390-E Gaming ATX LGA1151.

Message 3 of 5
arinehim
Aspirant

Found Solution!

I managed to get the system working.  What I did was first perform a factory reset on all of the satelites.  Then I performed a new setup using only the main router.  I also made sure not to have any of the existing devices plugged into the router while it was performing the new setup.  Once it was up I slowly added more devices to the newtwork.  and I added satelite recieves one at a time.

I'm going to continue to monitor it as time goes by but for now things seem to be ok.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I do same thing. I also add RBS first, then setup IP address reservatins for the RBS as well. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7