Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wifi 6 security issue with confluence

KateD
Follower

Orbi Wifi 6 security issue with confluence

I recently purchased an orbi tri-band mesh wifi 6 system. The model is AX4200 with one router (RBR750) and one satellite (RBS750). The Armor security comes free for a few months. Armor free trial has just expired. I'm not sure if this is coincidental however I noticed I cannot upload files to some confluence spaces any more. There appears to be a security policy kicking in and i cannot find any information online why this is happening. I'm hoping this isn't something that is locked into the product and cannot be changed. Has anyonre experienced this issue with orbi's security? It is challenging to get support now that the first 3 months are passed. Thanks
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, WBC502 Insight Instant Wireless AirBridge
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Wifi 6 security issue with confluence

What firmware version are you on? 

A couple things you can try. 

1. trying using ipv6

2. try changing dns providers. try googles at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

3. try a factory reset and reinstall. 

Message 2 of 4
SergeL
Apprentice

I'm using Confluence for work, and I have Orbi RBR750 and I have no issues. Do you have Orbi mobile app? it could be Netgear Armor who's blocking your traffic. Go to the app, check notifications and simply allow access to your confluence site if it was blocked. I didn't renewed my Armor subscription for exactly same reasons, blocking too much.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

@KateD wrote:
I recently purchased an orbi tri-band mesh wifi 6 system. The model is AX4200 with one router (RBR750) and one satellite (RBS750). The Armor security comes free for a few months. Armor free trial has just expired. I'm not sure if this is coincidental however I noticed I cannot upload files to some confluence spaces any more. There appears to be a security policy kicking in and i cannot find any information online why this is happening. I'm hoping this isn't something that is locked into the product and cannot be changed. Has anyonre experienced this issue with orbi's security? It is challenging to get support now that the first 3 months are passed. Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7