Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls

arees0921
Tutor

Parental Controls

I have a RBS852 AX6000 Orbi Router and 3 satellites.  The model number does not appear in this community support... which is very odd.

Does anyone know where to setup parental controls per device using the Orbi Router software?  Seems I can allow or block devices, that's it. 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Parental Controls

I haven't seen them rolled out for that router and I doubt it will since its getting removed from other devices. 

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 6
arees0921
Tutor

Thanks, but why is that okay?  Short of that, we are forced to deal with it on the physical device and every device is different,  What is Netgear's reaction to this?  Do we need separate network software?  Given the proliferation of devices, including IoT, our lives are made much easier if we can manage access at the router.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

That link is netgears reaction and why. You're welcome to comment on the moderators post where they might actually respond. 

the rest of us aren't netgear. We're members of the public trying to help out for free. 

And I never said it was ok. I'm just trying to point to an answer to your questions. 

Message 4 of 6
arees0921
Tutor

Sorry - didn't mean to suggest otherwise.   Thanks for your response

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats