Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 - unable to assign IP addresses

Alextkexichi
Aspirant

RBK853 - unable to assign IP addresses

Hello and thanks in advance for your help - let me know if there's somewhere else more appropriate to ask this question please.

When I attempt to assign IP addresses to devices on my network (Advanced -> Setup -> LAN Setup) and add devices, assign IPs, etc., when I APPLY the setting, my router give me a 400 Bad Request error (This server does not support the operation requested by your client) and the settings never apply. I've also attempted reboots. When I log back in the router, I can see the work saved, but the Attached Devices are not on the assigned IPs.

Am I missing a step here? I have managed to assign IP addresses to three devices, including the Satellites, but no other devices since.

I am using the RBK853 Orbi and logging into the RBR850 that is on Firmware v3.2.18.1_1.4.14. This appears to be the latest avaialble firmware.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK853 - unable to assign IP addresses

Seems like the values your entering and saving is good up to the point where you select the Apply button and then you get the error. 

I would try a factory reset and setup from scratch. 

Clear out all browser caches prior to setup and walking the wizard...

@Alextkexichi wrote:

Hey Furry, I first attempted using Edge and then Firefox, the later both before and after clearing cache and in private mode.

What's interesting is in all scenarios, the assigned IPs all appear in the Address Reservation table so it's saving the work, but for some reason the settings are not getting applied and IPs are not getting shuffled

I have not performed a factory reset at this time - hoping that's a last resort.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering into the RBRs web page. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 8
Alextkexichi
Aspirant

Hey Furry, I first attempted using Edge and then Firefox, the later both before and after clearing cache and in private mode.

What's interesting is in all scenarios, the assigned IPs all appear in the Address Reservation table so it's saving the work, but for some reason the settings are not getting applied and IPs are not getting shuffled

I have not performed a factory reset at this time - hoping that's a last resort.

Message 3 of 8
tak1313
Luminary

From my experience when I used the Orbi as router, it gets assigned when the client renews the lease (or you reboot the client or router).

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems like the values your entering and saving is good up to the point where you select the Apply button and then you get the error. 

I would try a factory reset and setup from scratch. 

Clear out all browser caches prior to setup and walking the wizard...

@Alextkexichi wrote:

Message 5 of 8
Alextkexichi
Aspirant

Factory reset did the trick - ended up being not as painful as I thought and got everything online and IPs assigned as directed. Thanks so much for your support!

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
gbgbernard
Aspirant

my password doesn't and I can't get my new HPprinter to work

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements