Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 - Airplay and uPNP/DLNA/Multicast issues

sr7
Aspirant
Aspirant

RBR850 - Airplay and uPNP/DLNA/Multicast issues

Just picked up an RBK852 and configured for AP mode connected to a C7000v2 (Wireless radios disabled).

Devices connect without issue, however I can no longer see any AirPlay devices (a couple of Rokus) and my HDHomeRunPrime is no longer reliable through WMC - it occasionally detects 1 of the 3 tuners, but typically simply states all tuners are in use.

The WMC PC and HDHomerun are hardwired to the RBR.  Everything previously worked connected directly to the c7000.

The interesting thing is, I've ran a test and reset the RBR to run in router mode and experience identical issues.  That is take the c7000 routing out of the equation and I still don't see Airplay devices or have a reliable connection to the Tuner.  This points to something really weird going on with the RBR.  Any thoughts?  I have a support ticket open with Netgear, am hoping for some suggestions while I await their response.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 - Airplay and uPNP/DLNA/Multicast issues

Are all devices connected to the RBR or are some connected at the modem? 

You might set modem only mode on the C7000 modem then configure the RBR for router mode and connect everything to the RBR.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 3
sr7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 - Airplay and uPNP/DLNA/Multicast issues

Every device is connected directly to the RBR.  I have a WMC PC, HDHomeRun, and JBL Soundbar hardwired.  2 Roku devices and multiple iPhones connected via wireless.

The iPhones don't detect the Roku or JBL as Airplay even though they are fully compatible and were accesible when only leveraging the c7000.

I have the exact same experience when putting the c7000 into modem mode and factory resetting the RBR and reconfiguring cleanly as a router.

RBR and satelite are on firmware: V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7