Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS850 Orbi satellite's ring LED doesn't work

zen0701
Aspirant

RBS850 Orbi satellite's ring LED doesn't work

The Orbi satellite's ring LED doesn't work. AC adapter plugged in power LED indicator turned on.

Performed reset to default, the Orbi satellite's ring LED still doesn't work.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS850 Orbi satellite's ring LED doesn't work

Disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem/ONT. Conect 1 wired PC to the LAN port of the RBR. Disconnect all other LAN cables from the RBR.

Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. Observe the front LED. Does it turn ON and start blinking? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you mean the front LED?

It should turn ON and blink WHITE for a bit then maybe turn OFF...

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 

Message 2 of 9
zen0701
Aspirant

Yes, ring LED means front LED.

How can i know the satellite is up and running EXCEPT LEDs indications? becuase there's no LEDs turns on or pulsing white.

Not sure is firmware or hardware issue? i also tried Ethernet backhaul connection but still failed. 

Is there any utility that i can use? i tried APP and login "http://orbilogin.com." but still unable to add / link satellite.

is there any way to upload/update the firmware to satellite using wired connection? becuase the satellite didn;t update the firmware quite long.

thanks for helping me out.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem/ONT. Conect 1 wired PC to the LAN port of the RBR. Disconnect all other LAN cables from the RBR.

Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. Observe the front LED. Does it turn ON and start blinking? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 4 of 9
zen0701
Aspirant

RBR is working well, the issue is on RBS. i tried many times on reset RBS but still doesn't help. thanks.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats the LED on the back of the RBS look like? RED or GREEN? 

I presume the RBS does not appear in the RBRs web page after you turn it one and it attemps to connect? 

Try swapping power adapters as well to see if this changes anything...

Message 6 of 9
zen0701
Aspirant

Whats the LED on the back of the RBS look like? RED or GREEN? Ans: solid RED

I presume the RBS does not appear in the RBRs web page after you turn it one and it attemps to connect? Ans: Yes.

Try swapping power adapters as well to see if this changes anything...Ans: Yes, i tried but doesn;t change.

Message 7 of 9
zen0701
Aspirant

I googled that realized 

RBS850 bricked. Power LED flashing red on satellite

Blinking red. The firmware is corrupted. shoot....

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try this:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Need to press the reset button for 30 seconds then release, then it send to PUT the command and upload the FW. 
I had a problem on a Windows 10 PC where this didn't work to use TFTP, so I switched to a WIndows 7 PC and the TFTP worked.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-tftp-windows-10

if any of this fails, make contact with NG support and ask about yoru options and RMA.

@Blanca_O 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7